Sunday, October 07, 2007

This week: 5th. October

Weather Report Week Ending 5/10/07
Maximum Temperature for the week 30.5C (87F) on Tue. 5 readings above our monthly average of 20.1C.
Minimum Temperature for the week 1.9C (35F) on Fri. 3 readings above our monthly average of 8.1C.
Rainfall for the Week 1.2mm (3 points) 1 day of rain.
Weather data thanks to BOM & Nuriootpa Viticulture Research Centre.

Two very cold nights this week (not quite cold enough for a frost). Warm days most week with very little rainfall, quite a typical spring pattern for us here in the Barossa valley.

This week in the vineyard:
I have now finished our first fungicide application for this growing season. I have been in Perth most of the week at the Nuffield farming conference. I was there to receive one of 16 scholarships which were awarded to myself along with 15 other young farmers from all over Australia. My scholarship is for a primary producer from South Australia and is being supported by Nufarm. I will write a little more in a future posting about Nuffield and my Scholarship. The photo this week shows all of the new Nuffield Scholars at the presentation dinner, after we had received our awards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo mate, shame about the angle...
It's the only one I've seen, hopefully someone else got all of my mug in it haha!
Look forward to following your blog.
Cheers,
Ben F.